Saturday, May 12, 2007

TCP Edit Evaluation

I decided to analyze my progress with The Children's Place Wikipedia edit first, since it is the one I am most proud of. Originally an entry for TCP did not exist! Creating my own entry was initially difficult because I had to get acquainted with all the Wikipedia standards. For example, I had an problem in the beginning learning how add the footnotes/references section. With some navigating on the website, I was able to figure it out.

I have added almost all the information currently on the entry, with little in the way of correction from other members. I'm not entirely sure if that's because it's all good, or because people have no interest in the article. I think my favorite parts are the company information box, which I figured out how to do by looking at another company's entry, and also the picture. They add key facts and visuals that help represent the company.

Lastly, I think the coolest thing about this particular entry is that when you search 'The Children's Place' on Google, it is the #11 search result, up from #15 when I last mentioned it!

No comments: