Thursday, May 17, 2007

See ya later, alligator!

Corniest title ever, I know...but as soon as I finish this post I am done with BUAD 477 forever! Not that I won't miss blogging, I'm just super excited to say another class is done and over with. Now I just have 441 and 479 to tackle before graduation.

This is another blog on our classwork, and it took me awhile to come up with something I could speak about but I decided to relate on the concept of social media, which we learned during the second half of the semester and which was heavily represented on the final.

An example of social media are social networking sites such as MySpace and Facebook, both of which I have accounts. However, I thought my more recent experience was more interesting as it relates to graduation. I will be graduating this May and have yet to find a roommate. No one seemed to be staying in the general area, and my training store is on 202 in Wilmington. What to do? Well, while poking around rent.com looking for one bedrooms that were relatively affordable (um...there are none) I came across their social networking option which allows you to create a profile in order to look for a roommate. You can add your picture, what you're looking for in a roomie, your preferred locations, and an about me section. The site also gives you the ability to search for, and message, other people who are also searching for roomies. I've been receiving numerous messages on the site, but always from people who want to live in West Chester. However, today, I was excited to find a message from a recent WC graduate who also wants/needs to live in the Wilmington, DE area. She seems really nice and we're both very much in the same boat. New jobs, new home, not a whole lot of money, and we both want roommates who are comfortable with the fact that our boyfriends will be visiting. She's going to look at places tomorrow and hopefully we'll meet up next week to work things out. Another social media success!

No comments: