Sunday, May 13, 2007

TBL Edit Evaluation

My edit on the Triple Bottom Line was my most corrected entry. While I often tried to make contributions, they were frequently shot down or altered entirely by other users. For example, I made a large edit in regards to this article by Michael Sauvante and the three variables on TBL. Despite that I got the information from a valid source, my entire change was reverted back and in the description the other user wrote that Sauvante was not the source of these ideas. Considering the apparent controversy with the origin of ideas, I decided to let that addition lay to rest.

The changes I made that stayed were:

Adding TBL to the aka section in the introduction, describing who first defined sustainability as a term, how the concept of TBL creates responsible to the 'stakeholder' rather than the shareholder, renaming people 'human capital' and planet 'natural capital', and adding an argument against the concept which describes how TBL is difficult in application.

No comments: